2014年3月27日 星期四

Primulina ophiopogoides 條葉報春苣苔 ( syn. Chirita ophiopogoides )

Primulina ophiopogoides  ( syn. Chirita ophiopogoides ) 條葉報春苣苔

I have got some plants of Primulina ophiopogoides for quite a while but they did not flower for me last year. I believe they need more light for flowering and I put them in sunny place in my greenhouse when they are apparently well re-established.  


My plants gain some size growing the whole year and almost all plants flower this year at the same time. Plants send out flower spikes really quickly and flower right away. You will see from my photos that the biggest plant is 20cm across which bears 4-5 spikes and each spike has as many as 9-10 flowers.  


I have also found a special variety with deep purple color and I have named it Primulina ophiopogoides 'AY Purple'. Please note the comparison between the type and the variety side by side 










沒有留言:

張貼留言